17th FAI World Paragliding Championship
Loma Bola, Sierra de San Javier, Tucuman,
13 Nov 2021
Schedule of Championship
- Training days. October 28 to 30
- Registration. October 31 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Mandatory Safety Briefing. October 31 6:30 PM
- Opening ceremony. October 31 7:00 PM
- Mandatory training task. November 1
- Championship flying days November 2 to 12
- Closing ceremony. November 13
Launch Loma Bola
- Take-off direction Northeast, East and Southeast
- Height above valley. 800 mts above valley, it is at a height of 1350 meters above sea level
- Configuration, surface, size of take-offs and rigging/preparation areas. It is a slope facing northeast, covered with grass, without obstacles, on which 150 pilots can take off in a short time. In the back sector are the facilities and a forest with enough space and shade for competitors to relax, prepare their equipment and wait for the window to open.
- One ramp. There are no dangers or obstacles, just keep in mind that when taking off, the pilot will fly near some trees for the first seconds of time.
- Facilities (car park, shelter/shade, water, refreshments, toilets, etc.). Loma Bola has a large parking space for pilots and the general public. In addition, there is a small bar, bathrooms, and free wi-fi. Although there is water, it is not recommended for personal consumption so the organization will have fresh water for the competitors to take with them. The take-off is flanked by a small forest with good shade and enough space to relax. The space for pilots will be separated from the space for the general public, with enough space for a large public.